I don’t normally do these tag blog posts (probably because I didn’t understand them) but I thought the original post on Famous in Japan looked fun. Also because pretty much my entire makeup collection is influenced by other people. So without further ado…
2) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
As a real life model, I really trust Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends as she gives honest reviews and she is absolutely hilarious. Even if she didn’t talk about makeup I’d read her blog for the sheer entertainment value. Same goes for skincare extrodinare Caroline Hirons, I’d trust everything she says even if she told me to rub sulphuric acid into my eyes. As a “woman of colour” I tend to gravitate towards other WOC bloggers for recommendations on trickier products like foundation. I love Mouldy Fruit, Beauty Crush and Huda Beauty. And for the best swatches, it has to be Temptalia, she tries everything on rather than just swatching it on her hand (which I wish more bloggers would do!).
2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
One reviewer can heavily influence me but I’ll always read other reviews before committing.
4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
I bought a Lip Butter from Revlon and didn’t love it, but there’s nothing I’ve loathed to the core.
5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Maybelline Baby Lips, Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paints, Maybelline Colour Tattoos, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser.
6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
Yes, the story of my life! Liz Earle and Baby Lips
7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I haven’t succumbed to Naked 3 yet but my steely hold will soon crumble.
8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
I’ll definitely read blogger reviews if I’m in the market for a high end product but my guiltiest pleasure is going into Boots and blindly trying different things out and accidentally-on-purpose dropping them into my basket.